Tuesday 19 August 2014

Portraiture

In response to my first post, i'd like to post an update of the portraits I have shot recently.
Carole, my mum. 

I feel with portraits you can portray much more than just a person, if successfully shot and the subject is not posed it can present an honest and truthful image of whom that person is.

This for example, is forced. The smile does not reach the eyes suggesting that the pose is mandatory. Sometimes in honest portraits a story will be told, however in this case where the subjects have been told how to present themselves no story is available. I believe that the predominantly dark left side of each image adds character to the image itself, rather than just basic lighting and with the addition of a black and white filter and the increased contrast it makes the image, so I believe, to be aesthetically pleasing.

Sam, my step-brother. 


                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment