Tuesday 19 August 2014

London June 20th


 Going back to the beginning of my Summer, exactly two weeks after my final exam I headed down to London to visit a potential University - London College of Communication, located in the Elephant & Castle area of C London. Visiting the college was inspiring and is definitely going to be somewhere to consider - I then visited Shoreditch, known for it's street art and coffee, very good coffee. 
Full of vintage shops and coffee stores, if you're into art then you'll appreciate this place. I was visiting an exhibition that featured my cousins work, Shoreditch is never short of an exhibition. One thing I noticed was the contrast in the people who were visiting, business men and art enthusiasts couldn't look more different however I feel that this portrays London well, different people with many different demographics.


On my second day there, I visited another University and managed to squeeze in a visit to Westminster before getting the train home. There's always something happening in London that's worth documenting, especially in Westminster - here i've captured the protests that were taking place on the 21st of June, protesting for a number of things, below on this image suggests a few things; 'Say no to austerity', 'no more wars', 'say no to racism', 'say no to ukip' - here, just a few things that people needed to get across. It was at this point where I discovered the feel of photojournalism. Comparing these images to the ones I have previously taken for photography work, I see more of an interest and a story also being told - within these pictures are people whose behaviour and opinions have been captured, honestly and naturally. To pursue a career in photojournalism is an aim for me, in todays world it's difficult to discover the truth with many stories being manipulated in the media, to fool others. Through photojournalism I believe, is an truthful way to present the events that are happening around the world.








No comments:

Post a Comment